clutch bearing going bad? how long do I have?

Jean-François Roldan roldan_jf at
Tue May 26 14:01:01 PDT 2009

On my last trip to town yesterday, I noticed a vibration on the clutch pedal and an occasional whining noise that stopped when I pressed on the pedal.

Shifting was fine, no slipping, like usual. How long do I have until the bearing does any more damage?

Clutch was replaced 80 000 miles ago or so. Should I simply replace the whole thing while having work done there?

This is my dd and only vehicle, I probably won't be able to get a spot at my mechanics until next week, so looks like I will be biking...

Any ideas on other stuff that I could do in there apart from the main seal?

1991 200tqa 20v

Avec Windows Live, vous gardez le contact avec tous vos amis au même endroit.