clutch bearing going bad? how long do I have?

Nick Lawrence nick at
Tue May 26 17:28:26 PDT 2009

I recently pulled my trans for what I thought was a noisy throw out bearing,
turned out to be a pilot bearing that had turned to dust.  Only a liitle
more mileage than what you had.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean-François Roldan" <roldan_jf at>
To: "liste Audi" <200q20v at>
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:01 PM
Subject: clutch bearing going bad? how long do I have?

On my last trip to town yesterday, I noticed a vibration on the clutch pedal
and an occasional whining noise that stopped when I pressed on the pedal.

Shifting was fine, no slipping, like usual. How long do I have until the
bearing does any more damage?

Clutch was replaced 80 000 miles ago or so. Should I simply replace the
whole thing while having work done there?

This is my dd and only vehicle, I probably won't be able to get a spot at my
mechanics until next week, so looks like I will be biking...

Any ideas on other stuff that I could do in there apart from the main seal?

1991 200tqa 20v

Avec Windows Live, vous gardez le contact avec tous vos amis au même