Roof Rack

kneale at kneale at
Sun May 31 12:53:35 PDT 2009

Yakima makes towers that are model-specific.  I have their towers and bars
that I've used on both the 200 sedan and the V8.  I've made a platform I
can attach to the bars for carrying larger objects.  Once hauled a heavy
hope chest from MI to Long Island, NY, on one of the V8s.  They make bike,
ski and box accessories too.  All very expensive.

Original Message:
From: chris gregg loxxrider at
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 09:37:01 -0700 (PDT)
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Roof Rack

Hey fellas,

Haven't been here in a while, but I've been having great fun with my car.

I was just wondering if anyone has a roof rack setup. I mainly want one
from thule which can be fairly versatile. I will want to put luggage up
there, maybe a kayak setup, and a ski/board rack setup.

If you've got personal experience of details on a nice setup let me know!

-Chris Gregg

200q20v mailing list

-------------------------------------------------------------------- - Premium Microsoft® Windows® and Linux web and application
hosting -