Green gold leak

Ed Kellock ekellock at
Mon Sep 21 16:20:13 PDT 2009

I'd suggest that probably just some rubber shrunk up a bit from non-use,
probably in a hose end crimp or at the bottom of the reservoir bottle.  Top
it off and use it and it will probably be fine.  I've had similar
experiences on a couple occasions with different one's of mine.

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-bounces at [mailto:200q20v-bounces at] On
Behalf Of PeterBergin at
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 11:38 AM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Green gold leak

Hi guys, my Audi was parked for about 5 weeks when I pulled one of my old
toy cars out to play with after 3 years.  Put the play car back in storage
and drove the Audi home, no problems.  The next day I started it up and
backed out of my drive way.  I hit the brakes, were rock hard, no power
assist, no red brake dash light or other idiot lights.  Drove about 100
feet, hit
the brakes a few time, no power assist, pedal travel normal.
Turned off key and pumped the brakes a few times, normal travel.   Started
car and had power brakes, returned to drive way and found a puddle  of green

gold.  I think it cam out the overflow cap on the resiviour. The  level was
down about an inch.
I have not touched the car since.  Any sugestions?   (bomb was replace at
75k by previous owner, I have not  touched it.  Have never has any prior
issue like this.  Have  rebuilt the pump twice and replace the rack and
No prior  leeks, never have to add the green gold. 238k on the clock.
Thanks, Pete