Loose ball bearings by flywheel?

Nick Lawrence nick at beol.net
Mon Sep 28 12:46:21 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Hoffman" <auditony at gmail.com>
To: "Mike" <xthejuicex at gmail.com>
Cc: <200q20v at audifans.com>
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: Loose ball bearings by flywheel?

I never thought of the release bearing, but that could very well be,
although you should hear a noise when pushing in the pedal.

In either case, you will simply need a new release bearing, but the
trans has to com out either way. If it were mine, I'd do the clutch
with it, unless it was fairly recently replaced. That's a good bit of
work to go through to do the release bearing, and it would be a bummer
to have to go through it again soon afterward if the clutch failed.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Mike <xthejuicex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all the ideas. Does this mean that I will need a new clutch or
> flywheel? Also, how hard is that to change by yourself as I can't afford
> take it to a dealer.
> -Mike
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Claus Vegener
> <vegener at post7.tele.dk>wrote:
>> I think it is the clutch trust bearing.
>> Claus
>> 200 20V Avant 90
>> Urq 83, 549 Hp
And if it is the very likely release bearing, it probably wore the pressure
plate fingers thin on the ends