[20v] fuel pressure

Mark McCandless Mark at cr-x.org
Thu Aug 12 12:45:24 EDT 2004

Audi service training book says 3.8 to 4.2 bar (55 to 61psi), with the
intake vacuum disconnected the fuel pressure is stuck at max. As the vacuum
increases the fuel pressure is reduced.

With no vacuum line attached it is static, the diaphragm closes to restrict
the fuel going into the fuel tank return.

My understanding is the difference between fully closed (no vacuum) and
fully open (full vacuum) is 3.8 to 4.2 bar. So with the vacuum dis-connected
it should be close to 4.2 bar.