[20v] Coolant Light

Kevin Ould kevinould at axcessnet.net
Sat Feb 14 15:35:17 EST 2004

Hi All,

My coolant light has started to flash in my CQ. It just started out of
the blue the other night while cruising around. At first I panicked
thinking I had blown a hose and dumped all my coolant. A quick survey of
the gauges didn't show anything alarming at all. Normal water temp,
normal oil pressur and temp. So I continued cruising until I found
somewhere to pull into and have a look. Checked the overflow tank and
she looked full up. So at this point I am thinking it is the level
sensor in the resevoir. as I tried to add a bit more coolant today just
to see if the idiot light would quit blinking at me. Now I have it
pretty much as full as it will go and the light is still blinking. Any
ideas? My money is on the level sensor since the temp gauge is working
properly and reading normal temps. How hard is the sensor to change? Cheap?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin