[20v] 200 Auto Tranny into a 5000T

Lance Kelly lance at etheric.net
Tue Aug 23 21:37:37 EDT 2005

I have a 1986 Audi 5000 Turbo with a dead Auto transmission that I just
had (within the last year) "rebuilt" at an "expert" transmsiion shop in
Phoenix Arizona. It arrived with the mainshaft installed backwards for
which I had to pay 5 extra hours to my mechanic to correct. Once
installed it only had 1st and 3rd gears. To make a long story short, I
had to eat it on this repair, with 3rd gear finally becoming ususable
(slipping badly).
My question is, can I install an Auto Trans from a 1990 200 Audi? I have
access to a car with a good tranny that has all the parts to make the
conversion if this is doable. Thanks