[20v] Climate control issues - Need Flapper Valve PN#

Todd Phenneger tquattroguy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 16:40:20 EDT 2007

Just bought a 90q20v.  Problem is, my Heat is always on.
I ran the diagnostic tests and found an error for the potentiometer n my
Temp Reg Flap.

I originally thought this was the coolant "gate Valve" that controls flow to
the heater core.  But, it seems my 20v doesn't have this valve and some cars
do.  Seems I bought the wrong part.

Does anyone have the PN for this "Temperature Regulator Flap"?  I think I
may need a new one.

Also, does anyone have a good writeup on how to get to this unit?  I have
seen a lot of reference to this part but no write ups on how to properly fix