[20v] New (to me) '91 Coupe Quattro

J.B. Hebert jhebert at wrxtra.com
Tue Dec 11 20:18:02 PST 2007

A couple of firsts for me.  First time posting to this list, and the
first time owning a 20v Audi.  I just picked up a '91 Coupe Quattro
that I will be overhauling for use as a daily driver.  I have an '89
90 Quattro, so I'm used to working on these cars, but the 20v is new
for me.  Besides the obvious (timing belt, full fluid/filter change,
plugs/wires/cap/rotor, brakes), is there anything I should be looking
at on this car?  I know the car needs some work, with some minor
annoying leaks and at least on window regulator that needs attention,
but I couldn't pass it up for the money.  It drives well, with good
power and no odd noises except the exhaust hitting the axle shaft,
which some new donuts should take care of.

Any info would be appreciated.

J.B. Hebert

'76 Ford Bronco
'78 Volvo 262C Bertone V8