[20v] '91 Coupe Overhaul - Question #1

too many quattros thequattroking at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 21:38:55 PST 2007

hey all-

i have a friend that has a cq. i have a cq.  his is a 1990 so is mine.  he
has owned his for about 5 years.  right after he bought it, he converted it
to pink pentosin coolant.  i bought mine 7 years ago and did the same.  I
have NEVER had a leak.  he has had too many to count.  recently, he took it
into 2Bennett for service.  One of the brothers told him they discovered the
blue stuff is a higher viscosity then the pink...hence the probs with the
leaks (on most rights 1990 and older).  i don't think he has converted back
yet.  anyone know if there is truth to this?

Shayne

PARTING:  1972 Mercedes Benz 280 SE 4.5
PARTING:  1986 Audi 4000 CS quattro