[20v] The shopping list

Doug Macy dmacy1 at atlanticbb.net
Fri Dec 21 11:45:59 PST 2007

Most people replace them as part of timing belt service since it's a $60
part (or less) and there is considerable labor involved.... it's a "while
you are in there" part same with front oil seals.... a few extra $ in parts
and the same labor for better chance of another 50-60,000 trouble free
miles...

and there is no way to be 100% sure it was replaced last time the belt was
done... or if a poor quality part was used...