[20v] no spark/start codes&questions

brian hoeft qweblog at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 19:09:59 PDT 2007

looking for help diagnosing a pre march 90 coupe.

Im getting codes 2111(crank speed), 2112(crank position) and 2114(hall) in
that order.

I set TDC, aligned the rotor to the dist. notch, and resistance between pins
1&2 of both position and speed sensors are at ~1k ohms

the car recently received a new ignition coil and speed sensor.  when
everything is hooked up in its original(to me) setup it cranks fine but wont

Could someone confirm which harness is color coded to which crank sensor?
and what values are good to see from the distributor&sensors?

the pin is definitely in the flywheel, I cannot vouch for flywheel teeth.

When I swapped sensor harnesses the car fires for one second and immediately

&.. do the codes clear after the 4 long flashes? or?

thank you.

! beat the NWO cult ! www.RonPaul2008.com |  www.BWAnetwork.com/home
www.humanhealth.wholefoodfarmacy.com | and be proud of my allies at