[20v] no spark/start codes&questions

Ben Swann benswann at verizon.net
Sun Oct 28 17:18:59 PDT 2007

Brian,

Check the hall sensor first – the others depend upon the hall signal and can also be
genned if not cranking fast enough.  Hall sensor bad can result in all three.  Run diag.
check in bently – procedure tell how to tel if Hall is switching from “in window” 0-.5V
to “out of window” ~4.5V.

Also, you probably already checked this, but double verify that the hall distributor is
dead middle of window when at TDC as verified on both flywheel and Cam Sprocket.

You may also be on the right track in suspecting flywheel sensors are bass-ackwards.
That will give some sort of code and no fire, but not sure what codes exactly, but
definitely in the combination of the three you got.  I’ve even seen the knock sensor get
mixed up with one of the flywheel sensors, and the wire colors inside the sheath of the
flywheel sensors are same color for both, making it hard to determine which is which.

I’ll see if I can find a harness showing which sensor is gray and which is black –
pulled my 7A engine, so may not be able to.

Ben