[20v] B3 Fog Light Holding Relay?

Doug Johnson ur-quattro at msn.com
Thu Dec 4 17:10:02 PST 2008

I'm sorry, folks, but my Bentley's not handy, and I don't have Family Pictures (hint, hint).
My front fog lights stay on, regardless of the state of the front switch, when I turn on the rear fog lights.
At  a stop light on the way home from work tonight, I pressed and held the front switch in, and the front fog lights came on, as witnessed on the bumper of the car ahead.
So, is there a holding relay that may have failed, and is not holding the front fog lights on when the front fog light switch is closed, or is this a function of the front fog switch itself?  I have tried a known-good switch, and function remains flawed.
Remember, front and rear fogs come one, regardless of the state of the front fog switch, if I enable the rear fog lights.
TIA,~ Doug <thoroughly confused by where the electrons are running around in my car...>