[20v] Idle drops then stabilizes when I come to a stop

Tobin McKenna tobinmckenna at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 21:40:34 PST 2008

Hi all,
The problem I'm having with my 90q20v is that when I come to a stop the idle drops to 5k and then kind of bounces back to 9500 where it sits.  The problem is that sometimes it stalls the car.  So basically 1/30 times I stop it dies the rest of the time it bounces then stabilizes.
I know there is a part in the intake that moves air past the butterfly at idle, don't remember what its called, could that be it?