[20v] So tell me this...

Mark F. mk1mark at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 08:21:37 PST 2008

... if I disconnect the positive battery connection AFTER the car is
running, should it continue to run?

I have an electrical issue on my 10v turbo CQ that's causing the
battery to die overnight, and will permanently kill a battery if I
leave it connected.  I haven't had the time to properly diagnose the
problem, so I've just been disconnecting it when I park it, and
reconnect and use a booster pack to start it.  The battery has been
relocated to the back when the PO did the engine swap, so it's not too
big a deal, but I'm getting tired of the routine...

Anyways, I disconnected the positive battery cable while it was
running last night and it still ran.  I thought this wasn't supposed
to happen...  The next warm day (yeah right!) I'll put an ammeter in
series to the battery and see if I can figure out which circuit is
causing the drain.  It might also be the main wires going to the
battery in the back (arc'ing out somewhere).

Later,

Mark.
75 Scirocco
82 Scirocco