[20v] So tell me this...

Maviva maviva at ptd.net
Tue Dec 23 12:32:34 PST 2008

All,
Please forgive me for jumping in on this, but Rick's perfectly brilliant
response to Mark's question may have gone over Mark's head.. no disrespect
intended..

If I can read between the lines, Rick is pointing out that removing the
cable from the battery (the 'load') while the alternator is 'charging' will
allow the alternator to put out damaging voltage spikes.

So, Mark, The engine will continue to run until you kill the ECU with the
voltage spike you just created by removing the cable.. Ironic, huh?
Mark (the other Mark)

   1. Re: So tell me this... (Mark F.) (Rick)

Message: 1