[20v] The shopping list

Todd Phenneger tquattroguy at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 23:16:43 PST 2008

OK,
You created a great list.
Want to share your prices for each item.  I just dumped it into excel but I
don't have the prices I already paid.

I can tell you that I rebuild all 4-Calipers for about $10 per caliper.  But
it was a PITA.  The front G-60's are easy.  But the rears are a PITA.  I
don't think there is a pair of Circlip pliers made that fits down inside the
piston bore to put that circlip back in place.  But the amount of crap that
was inside my calipers made me very glad that I did rebuild them.

Also, while your in there, I would add:
- Take Hydraulic hoses in to be rebuilt as a preventative.  (Only easy if
you have a Hydraulic Hose specialty shop around)
- Replace Steering Dampener
- New Brake Lines.  Preferably SS

l8r