[20v] CD Player with RDS and OEM-looking Display

Todd Phenneger tquattroguy at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 19:54:30 PST 2008

Doug,
I'm not sure but I would check the latest generation of the Nakamichi
CD-45Z.  I think after the Cd-45 it went to CD-400.  I'm not sure if they
have updated the CD-400

But the look is almost exactly like the OEM Audi Units, but hey have some of
the best audio circuitry available.  EXCELLENT Sound quality.  And looks to
match.

FYI...The cheaper version which is the 300, does not have switchable
illumination and is Green only.

http://www.nakamichi.com/flash.html

Alternatively,
Some Eclipse Models match fairly well but again, not sure of Illumination.

And the Alpine in my LandRover switches some of the buttons over to amber
but not all of them.

- Hmmm.  I just looked.  Seems the newer CD-500 does.  But the style is not
as "classic" as the cd-400.  Not sure on the overall illumination options.
If you download the PDF it shows all the Buttons in Red, but the screen in
Green.  The cd-4000 switches between 4-options.  Green Screen, Amber
buttons, the inverse of that,  Or All Green, All Amber.  So maybe this is
the same?  I cant be sure.

Good luck

Todd