[20v] Engine stumbles when (non cold) A/C turned on

Mark F. mk1mark at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 22:22:27 PDT 2008

Hi guys.  After a three year CQ 'hiatus', I'm back in the fold...  I
picked up a very nice black 90 CQ in Toronto this past week.  I'll
update the list with details after I take some pics tomorrow, but I
have a quick question.  The A/C doesn't blow cold air (a bit colder
than ambient perhaps?), and when I was driving on the highway today I
noticed that the car stumbled a bit when the A/C was turned on.  It
almost felt like an engine that had an ignition miss.  Does this point
to a bad A/C clutch?  Compressor?  Any ideas of what to check first?

Also, anyone have an extra Bentley manual they'd like to sell?  I
(stupidly) gave mine away when I sold my CQ a while back.

Thanks!

Mark.
75 Scirocco
82 Scirocco