[20v] Diagnostic Tools for the 20V 7A Engine

Todd Phenneger tquattroguy at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 09:25:10 PST 2008

Sorry for the double Post, Meant to reply to the original with proper Subject:
----
Only the later 7a's work with VAG-COM.  The early 7a does not work and you must use the LED tester outlined on 20v.org.

I have a 91' CQ that does work with VAG-COM.  Works OK, VERY Simplistic compared to the newer OBD-2 cars but you can get fault codes, clear them, do the output tests, and you can get realtime graphing of Throttle Position, RPM, Engine Load, CO Mixture, etc.

If you have a laptop, then I think its worth the $100 = $50 in connectors to use it.