[20v] Power Steering Leak...Not

Tobin McKenna tobinmckenna at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 11:12:22 PDT 2008

OK everyone... although my steering rack and bushing look wet, I looked into it this weekend and I found the real problem.  Much to my relief, the smell/ smoke was coming from a dislocation in the crankcase breath back hose that came undone when I changed the air filter last month.  Yes, now I can put off what appears to be an inevitable failure of the steering rack until it actually does fail.

Feel free to tell me how dumb that is and how I should just get that done now since I know it is going to happen down the line.