[20v] B5 Power Seat Lock-out Switch & Crruise Control Interrupt

Doug Johnson ur-quattro at msn.com
Sun Sep 28 21:11:09 PDT 2008

The power seat controls in my '91 Cq only work when I hold down the orange switch at the bottom of the switch panel on the driver's door.

Does this switch have a mechanical lock to hold it in the depressed position, or is there a relay that holds it in the depressed position?

Also, I need to forcefully lift the brake pedal in order to get the cruise control system to accept a 'set' command.

If anyone would like to send me a picture of where the brake pedal switch is locate, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for helping me with thes problems!!!~ Doug