[A4] Water leak in an A4

Joel Landsverk jlandsverk at jjkeller.com
Wed Dec 3 16:49:31 EST 2003

My guess is the sunroof drains.  Very popular problem on the Type 89
cars (80, 90, coupe Q).  They are probably clogged.  I don't know how to
clear them.  Sorry.  But at least you have another place to look.

'99 A4 Avant 1.8 tqm
'91 90q 20v

>>> "Sean Paul" <seanpaul at speakeasy.net> 12/3/2003 3:28:47 PM >>>
My rear passenger floor had an inch of water in it recently after a
rain.  No leaks detected through the window or door jambs, and only the
floor was wet.  It's also very hard to tell if it's still getting water
- it's just hard to dry thoroughly with no garage.  Ideas?

Also of note the front compartment between the winshield and where the
engine is sealed off had standing water.  I did unclog the holes there
(one under the battery and one on the driver side) and that water
drained. I thought that might be related but the mechanic says no, and
it likely isn't related to the heater core.

A4 mailing list
A4 at audifans.com