[A4] 1.8T warranty extension

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 12:03:36 EDT 2004

Yep, received this as well... I found it interesting, perusing the list of 'approved' motor oils, that Mobil1 0w-40 is listed but not 5w-40, even though the latter weight is listed for several other oils......
Dan D
'04 A4 1.8T q MT-6
Central NJ USA

Brandon Rogers <brogers at terrix.com> wrote:
FYI - I just received a letter from Audi - they are extending the warranty (fully transferable) to 8 yrs from point of purchase (no mileage limitation) on 1.8T motors, years '97 -'04 for "oil sludge" related problems. Symptoms include faintly glowing oil pressure light. Of course there are caveats etc etc but hopefully this info is helpful to somebody.

'98 A4
A4 mailing list
A4 at audifans.com