[A4] Considering to buy A3, but how about the temperature?

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 11:36:49 EST 2004

--- Brian O'Connell <boconnell at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You know, I'm really glad that I'm not the only one to
> notice these two annoying issues (both yours and the
> prior post).  But I hadn't thought of setting the
> system to "low" and "ECON" and adjusting the fan.  I
> just set the temp to the same temp on the dash
> thermometer, which also works as long as the outside
> temp stays constant.
> On the A6, there is an "off" switch which is also
> nice.  In order for me to turn off the system on my
> 98.5 A4, I've got to ramp down the fan to zero to turn
> everything off (no single button method).
> -B

I do have an 'off' button - boy, that would be annoying to have to go
through your process, since I am anal enough to shut off everything when I
turn off the car...! Setting the cc temp to the same as outside works, but
only if the outside temp is greater than 64 (lowest number setting on my

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA