[A4] Considering to buy A3, but how about the temperature?

Rocky Mullin caliban at sharon.net
Mon Dec 13 13:32:32 EST 2004

At 10:07 AM -0500 12/13/04, Richard Hurt wrote:
>At predefined temperatures, the Audi climate control system turns on
>either full heat or full A/C.  On my North American A4 I think these
>are around 60F & 80F; anything below 60F puts the system into full A/C
>and any setting above 80F turns on the heater full blast.  So, you
>might have triggered the full A/C.  I, personally, really love my
>climate control system and it seems to work very well.

	i actually don't like it.  the heater runs the engine as hard as
the AC does.  i prefer the old days of heating where a car seemed to not
struggle at all with heating, using the by product energy of the engine
that otherwise might have been wasted.

	also i think the audi climate controls have a pathetic human
interface design.  i've had the car four years now and i need to look
at the controls (eyes off the road) just about every time i operate

	the A3 is a fantastic car.  the TV show fifth gear couldn't heap
enough praise on the 1.4 diesel engine.

  Rocky Mullin

  "Evil kills those who perpetrate it, and the pastures of inequity are harmful"