[A4] Remote entry

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 09:51:36 EST 2004

I plan to have the dealer program the auto-locking feature when I bring
the car in for the 5k service (still stuck in the 3000's...). I seem to
keep forgetting to hit the button... But I still frequently search for the
lock with my elbow, as I did for 7 years in my Jetta - THAT was

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8T q MT-6
Central NJ USA
--- Larry Velez <velez at sinu.com> wrote:
> It actually works out rather well.   When it locks at 10mph it will
> unlock the door when you turn off the car.  I think it is even
> smart enough to know if only the driver's door was opened when entering
> the car.   I think I have noticed it sometimes open all the
> doors when the car is shut off and sometimes just the driver's door.  I
> am thinking that it monitors the other doors to see if they
> are opened before starting the car.
> I found it convenient to have the alarm set automatically (when it
> worked on my car).  It would be better if it knew that if the
> windows were open, not to set the motion sensors.  With the windows open
> the motion sensors are triggered easily by wind.
> -Larry

Do you Yahoo!?