[A4] New car considerations

Single Malt s_malt at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 10:32:59 EDT 2005

--- Kent McLean <kentmclean at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Glenn Ackerson wrote:
> > (1)   The 2006 A4 comes standard with 16-inch
> wheels and has 17-inch as
> > options. I'm looking for a balanced ride - where
> comfort isn't sacrificed
> > for performance.
> I'd go with 17-in wheels and high-performance tires
> for the
> summer, and the 16-in wheels for winter snows. If
> you can
> have only one set of wheels, go with the 16-in.

Absolutely!  And for Colorado's sunny winters, it's
nice to have the option of swapping wheels when your
in for a long spell of no snow.

We keep a set of 16" wheels with studded Hakka's on
hand for our A4.  The typical footwear for that 3.0
liter is a set of 17" summer tires.

Single Malt
2003 A4 3.0
2001 S4