[A4] o2 Sensors Replacement Help

Calvyn Calvyn at stny.rr.com
Fri Jun 24 23:57:46 EDT 2005

Hello all.

	Anyone know any tricks to removing the post-cat o2 sensors? The
front ones are a piece of cake thanks to a nice deep-well 7/8 socket, a
universal, and several extensions, but the rears are a real PITA. I can get
a 7/8 line wrench on them or a 22mm crescent wrench. I've tried penetrating
oil and heat but neither is budging. Do I need to unbolt the exhaust from
the manifold and drop it down to get a better grip on them? I fear that
because the exhaust is looking rough and don't wanna monkey with the rust
that might be holding it together. :) Saw on the AudiWorld forums something
about using a crowfoot.

	Any and All suggestions are welcome except for one who says to take
it to the dealer to do. :)

'96 A4 2.8 V6-12v FronTrac