[A4] Spark Control - premium fuel

Michael Thomas irnstrw at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 22:23:27 EDT 2006

I don't think anyone answered your question about gasoline. The Audi recommended fuel for my 1.8T motor is premium. Why use anything else?

You can certainly do the calculation - mileage you get, mileage you drive and price difference of gas to figure out what you are paying extra a year for premium.

Mine is 25mpg, 20,000 miles =800 gallons of gas at .20 more = $160 per year. I'll gladly pay the extra, enjoy the car more and give up a latte or something else I really don't need to eat.

'99.5 A4 Avant 1.8T, Tiptronic