[A4] Spark Control - premium fuel

Single Malt s_malt at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 11 11:21:42 EDT 2006

--- Brian J White <brian at bjwhite.net> wrote:

> I agree 100%.   ANY turbo or supercharged car should
> get
> premium.  End of story really.

I've been told by *several* dealers and shops that if
encountering mis-fires to drop down to the Plus fuel.
Here in Colorado we get 91 octane for Premium and 87
octane for Plus (although the Premium and Plus
designations *can* vary - beware the U-Pump-It
monikers).  Our winter fuel is a different mix for
emissions reasons and that is when the Premium
misfires are more common.

'01.5 S4 Sedan
'03 A4 3.0 Sedan
'87 4000 CSq (f'in sweet, baby)