[A4] timing belts and "interference" engines

Brandon Rogers brogers at terrix.com
Fri Sep 29 15:20:47 EDT 2006

Hmm I totally disagree.  Were I in the market for an A4 1.8T - I'd
probably pay an extra thousand or so for the brand new motor, assuming
all else equal - remember Rick said new head and block - NOT rebuilt.
And to me a broken t-belt does not attach itself as baggage to the rest
of the car - t-bely is known failure on these - and now you have a car
with a  brand new motor.

Now you have to conflicting opinions ...big help huh!

Good luck-

'84 urquattro 20Vt
'01.5 S4
'98 A4 1.8Tq