[A4] Just got my VAG-COM and need help understanding codes

Tyson Varosyan tyson at up-times.com
Wed Mar 19 18:35:33 PDT 2008

Hi Guys,

The car is a USDM 98 A4Q 2.8

I just got my ebay cable with Vag-Com software.

#1 I figured out what my Air Bag light was all about. A few months after
cleaning and vacuuming the car, the light came on. The problem code

 01218 - Side Airbag Igniter Passenger Side (N 200)

 32-00 Resistance Too High.

I think this means that something got unplugged. Possibly under the seat
where I was vacuuming? I looked before and found nothing loose. Help?

#2 My Cruise Control never worked. When I posted about it on this list a
few months ago the answer was, "get a Vag-Com". Now I have one but I
tried a bunch of "modules" and none of them had anything to do with the
cruise control... How do I troubleshoot this?

#3 The Vag-Com software SUCKS! First, about 80% of the functions don't
work until you pay for the program and the program itself is not that
great. I have worked with a few similar pocket-logger type things for my
other OBD1 and Hybrid cars and this thing does not hold a candle. I
think the potential is there - OBD2 is supposed to do a lot more, but
this software did not impress me. Are there other options that can be
used with my cable? Free is better, but non-free is OK too.

Tyson Varosyan

Technical Director, Uptime Technical Solutions LLC.

tyson at up-times.com <mailto:tyson at up-times.com>

www.up-times.com <http://www.up-times.com>

206-715-TECH (8324)