[A4] [Biturbos4] Interior door handle broken? -> floppy drink holder

Phil Yee philter at myway.com
Tue Mar 24 14:17:06 PDT 2009

This happened to me, on a B5 car.  When you pull out the drink holder entirely, it's quite a long rectangular package.  In the back, there is a "constant force" spring, and it looks like long strip of metal rolled up.  The attachment point to the carriage (the whole mechanisam that slides back and forth) is pretty weak.  I was able to carefully take it apart and reattach it with a bit glue.  The end of the flat metal spring looks like a T, and that slides into a T shaped pocket.  I can't remember, but I think I added a thin strip of plastic (mylar sheet?) to stick over the T shaped pocket, in order to keep the spring in there - a bit of delicate d*cking around with it, but it wasn't too hard.  Good Luck.