[A8] Rattle fixing in door

Rich, Jack JRich at Kronos.com
Fri Dec 2 08:02:56 EST 2005

Removed tape and films are never quite the same again, but they are held in place by the hardware pieces you put back over them.  It should be OK to carefully remove and replace.

-----Original Message-----
From: a8-bounces at audifans.com [mailto:a8-bounces at audifans.com]On Behalf
Of C1UE at prodigy.net
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:51 PM
To: a8 at audifans.com
Subject: [A8] Rattle fixing in door

Question for the brain trust:

I just got an '03 S8 to complement my '99 A8 - very
significant changes I must say!

However, one small irritating item is that I have a
rattle in the door. I did the obvious removal of the
pop-out faux wood strip and tightened the upholstery
screws underneath, but the rattle is above that
somewhere right around the pushup for the lock.

I'd go in there too but there is some type of tape
sealing off the end of this top piece of upholstery.

Should I just peel it off? I'm afraid that once I
violate integrity that it will not keep on in the

A8 mailing list
A8 at audifans.com