[A8] Thinking about buying an A8 quattro. Should I?

Britt Crowell Britt at BrittCrowell.com
Sat Mar 26 18:20:50 EST 2005

So as a joke I bid on an A8 on eBay.
I got out bid by $100 but the winner didn't pay so the seller sent me a second chance offer.
So now I seriously considering it.
I've had lots of 5000tqs and 200s , but I don't know shit about these things.
What do you guys think about this car?

Its a 1997 you can check out the links and specs here

And If any has access to Carfax and can run this that would be cool too

So what do you guys think about this car? Is it a great deal that I shouldn't turn down or am I flirting with a possible money pit.

I never had an Audi with less than 100K miles or newer than an '89.  I wonder if its broke in good yet???

I know the timing chain is due at 100K. Is this something I can do myself or should I leave it to the professional?

Thanks for any input.
Britt Crowell
eCrowell Inc.
Cell: 970-980-4757