[ba] bringing a car into CA

Matt twentyV matt_20v at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 15:41:03 EST 2001

Right, I did say NEW car.  Used cars (defined by
DMV as >7500 mi.) must just have the OE smog
equipment intact and pass a smog test.  That OE
smog equipment need not have met CA standards at the
time it was new.

I did a lot of research on this when I bought the
2K S4 from VA.  My nervousness was enhanced by a
call I made to the DMV, they told me it couldn't be
done!  The salesguy in VA emailed me a digital photo
of the under-hood smog sticker and that made me feel
a bit better, but the nervousness didn't completely
go away until I held the new plates in my hand.


--- Shayne <thequattroking at yahoo.com> wrote:
> BUT, this is only for cars newer the 19XX.  At least
> that is what I thought.
> I know my fiancé's car is not a CA car.  I could be
> wrong though.
> Shayne P.
> 1972 MB 280 SEL 4.5
> 1984 4ksq
> 1986 MB 560 SEL
> 1991 v8q5
> 1991 200q Sedan
> 1992 S4
> Parting:  1972 Mercedes Benz 280 SE 4.5
> > From: Matt twentyV <matt_20v at yahoo.com>
> > Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:44:58 -0800 (PST)
> > To: Dan Simoes <dans at audifans.com>,
> quattro at audifans.com,
> > ba-group at audifans.com
> > Subject: Re: [ba] bringing a car into CA
> >
> > - a new car MUST meet CA smog standards.  This
> will
> > be stated on the smog sticker under the hood.  It
> > should state all 50 states INCLUDING CA or
> something
> > to that effect.  It must specifically mention CA.

Do You Yahoo!?
Send your FREE holiday greetings online!

More information about the Ba-group mailing list