[ba] recs for best Audi sleeper the last 10 years?

Arun Rao rao at pixar.com
Wed Nov 1 11:45:59 EST 2006

In my mind, the hands-down winner in the sleeper category would be a
'96 (95.5?) S6, either sedan or avant.  Pretty much bullet-proof
turbo I-5 (engine code AAN, I believe), stock 227 BHP, easily
chippable to the 300 BHP range.  I have the predecessor, a '91
200Q20V, now at 195K, and still my daily driver.

Not that these will be easy to find, mind you.

 From all I hear, the Allroad is troublesome.  You're better off with
an S4: I know that other people have had trouble with theirs, but
mine hasn't given me any in the five years I've had it.

'91 200Q (195K)
'00 S4 (82K)
'04 A4 (45K)