[BiturboS4] Fuel economy

California Fields cfields72 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 11:20:06 EDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

My last tank read 23.8 mpg average.  Average speed was 32mph.  I drive about
60% highway and 40% city streets....although that is VERY estimated.  I
basically drive to/from work during the week and that entails about 12 minutes
of city streets and 12 minutes of freeway.  I've never had a tank average
below 20.1 mpg and I did have a tank average just under 30mpg on a road trip
(pure highway).  This was all based on my stock setup, so we'll see if that
lasts with my new mods ;)
Carter Fields, San Francisco
GIAC X chip
Miltek 3" cat-back
Stratmosphere short-shifter
(soon) AWE A-pillar boost gauge

>From: bernd-vkm
>To: s4
>Subject: Re: [BiturboS4] Fuel economy (was mostly ranting)
>Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:12:53 +0300
>MTUGuy at aol.com wrote:
> > My computer reads 22-24 mpg with a mix of about 30% freeway, 50% major
> > flowing roads, and 20% stop and go rush hour type traffic with poorly
> > lights. The actual computed mileage is about 20-22 mpg. The computer seems
> > to be about 2 mpg optomistic.
> >
>i get about 17.0-18.0 mpg driving in heavy traffic. i would be interested
> what your average speed is.
>my average speed is around 22miles/h !!
>bernd 01avant imola n.y.

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access. Click Here[1]

  1. http://g.msn.com/8HMSEN/2016