[BiturboS4] Blown Turbos (Non-Chipped S4) - Update

Bruce Mendel brucem105 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 12 13:50:41 EDT 2003

I agree.....if this were about a one-off failure that occurred after
warranty, or due to chipping, it would be one thing. However, this is a
known problem that affects many stock cars in the same model lineup, some
before, some after warranty.

Once that becomes known, it is Audi's job to identify the problem and
recall/repair ALL the potentially affected units, or if they want to avoid a
recall, to take care of people that experience this problem after warranty
and/or extend the powertrain warranty or turbo warranty to give customers
peace of mind.

It's like you know you have a weak staircase and people have fallen through
it before. You do not tell anyone you have a weak staircase, but rather say:
"Anyone that falls through the staircase after 9PM will not get an ambulance
or get their broken bones set."

If you did not know the staircase was weak and prone to failure to begin
with, no one would think anything of the 9PM limitation. Once you know it's
weak, that statement defines "weasel".

01' S4, stock turbos