[BiturboS4] Re: sucky Bose

Ti Kan ti at amb.org
Tue Apr 22 12:49:46 EDT 2003

David Lau writes:
> Yeah, I think you're right. I pretty much abandon the rear. I like a stereo
> image in front of me. Does yours have the sub? Mine crosses pretty well to
> the sub; I don't get distortion from the fronts struggling with bass...
> although the sub amp sounds limited (as in peak limiting) because you turn
> the bass up past a point, and it just gets fatter, not more. Spose they had
> to to prevent dummies from blowing the little thing.

No, the sedan does not have a separate subwoofer, however the rear shelf
speakers are larger and serves as such (if you could call it that, since
they have poor high frequency response anyway).

2003 A4 1.8T multitronic
2001 S4 biturbo 6-sp
1984 5000S turbo
1980 4000 2.0 5-sp
   ///   AMB Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti at amb.org
 //////  http://www.amb.org/ti/