[BiturboS4] Tire time

Ian McCloghrie ian at codrus.com
Thu Feb 27 14:19:30 EST 2003

On Feb 27, 2003 Steven Lin wrote:
> Yeah, I didn't think to ask them to waive the extra charge.  Also, I
> didn't want to contemplate packing 4 tires into the car.

It's pretty simple with the S4 (put each tire in a plastic garbage bag,
then you can put them on the back seats without worrying about getting
them dirty).  It's much more challenging in my Miata. :)

> I suppose TireRack can drop-ship directly to the store, but I didn't
> look into it and I wanted to get the tires right away.  The old ones
> had worn all the way down to the cords and I was really worried about
> a blowout.

Yeah.  You can save a lot of money on tires if you keep track of how
they're doing and buy new ones before you get to the "I need tires this
afternoon" stage.