[BiturboS4] ESP and headlights

John M. Harrison JohnMH at uwyo.edu
Fri Jan 31 08:16:51 EST 2003

My initial thought as well.  John H.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Lau [mailto:toomanycars at mac.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 3:30 PM
To: Audi S4 list
Subject: Re: [BiturboS4] ESP and headlights

Don't you think it's simply voltage drop from a sudden high current

Think about it: The ESP duplicates a pretty big stomp on the brakes to 1
more wheels, doesn't it? That energy comes from, what, the ABS pump
electrically applying a brake? ...not your foot, obviously. That could
say, a 50-amp draw, which is like 25% of what it takes to start the
which we know dims the lights!

Just a guess.

David J. Lau, The Brookwood Studio, Inc.  David at brookwoodstudio.com
>> --- Michael Benno wrote:
>>> Has anyone ever noticed that you headlights flicker as the ESP
> Mine
>>> does. I wonder what the heck is going on and is there is some way to
>>> this?
>>> Michael Benno
>>> S4Avant.

BiturboS4 mailing list