[BiturboS4] more hesitation... after a cold start..

David Lau toomanycars at mac.com
Sun Jun 1 18:02:37 EDT 2003

Count me in bigtime: 2001 S4 Avant, 9/00 build (hmm) 25kmi Mobil 1 since
first change.

History: Ever since I can remember. Complained at each service. Dealer can't
find anything "cus it doesn't throw any codes". They changed plugs and
cleaned injectors with no results. Interesting: if it's 10º or 60º outside,
it still hesitates on the first drive-away. If I let it warm up for 3
minutes no prob. I normally baby it until the oil begins to warm, Once I
pushed it when it hesitated and it bucked so hard it chirped the tires.

Theory: some rubber or plastic part is leaking (intake?) and seals itself
with first blush of heat from the engine.

DO keep in touch on this.

David J. Lau, The Brookwood Studio, Inc.  David at brookwoodstudio.com