[BiturboS4] it finally happened

j y jimnetpa at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 12:40:50 EDT 2003

Are u referring to the APR Bi-pipe?

I have never heard of air leakage from a Y-pipe?

The APR Bi-pipe replaces the stock TBB and intercooler pipes.

Yes, they are a source of air leakage but more from torn TBBs than intercooler pipes. I understand that the F-hose is another source of air leakage too.

John Chase <jchase at aprco.net> wrote:
Were you chipped?

I heard from a reliable source that the LOUD turbo noise if from a
broken Y-pipe right on top of the motor. It gets ripped and then the
turbo over compensates for the air leakage and your turbos are WAY over
worked. Solution: replace Y-pipe with an aftermarket solution (apr makes
a good replacement).