[BiturboS4] intake upgrade

California Fields cfields72 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:24:58 EST 2003

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Anyone done an intake upgrade on the S4?  Are the S-Flo intakes from AWE any
good? What about those Evo ones that Papa Smurf's car has?

Carter Fields, San Francisco
2001.5, GIAC-X, Miltek 3" cat-back, Strat. shifter, Strat. DVs, A-pillar boost
>From: Matt twentyV
>To: BiturboS4 at audifans.com
>Subject: [BiturboS4] V8 Tuning Potential
>Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:16:08 -0800 (PST)
>So we've had this debate now about whether the V8 S4
>could be tuned to 400hp. So I went to look at
>tuning options for BMW- which like the upcoming S4,
>uses highly tuned NA engines out the door.
>In a nutshell, forget it unless you add a
>For the E36 M3, you can find exhaust and chip
>combinations that have dyno data showing 10-15hp
>increases. There are also a few supercharger kits
>out there that advertise 80hp or so at 8psi.. $6k.
>For the E46, some tuners claim 7-8hp increase but
>don't show dyno graphs. I found one supercharger
>kit for the E46 330i
> For the E46 M3, there is
>some message board activity indicating AC Schnitzer
>is developing a system that will reach 400hp... for
>$13k!! I'm guessing that involves an entire rebuild
>to use new pistons to reduce the 11.5:1 CR. As
>someone already mentioned, adding boost to an engine
>at that high a CR is problematic.
>Matt Rooke
>'91cq- 20vt chipped
>'00S4- 30vtt stock
>Do you Yahoo!?

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8.[1] Get 2 months FREE*.

  1. http://g.msn.com/8HMLENUS/2746