[BiturboS4] Valve cover gasket question

California Fields cfields72 at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 13:41:02 EDT 2003

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Is the valve cover gasket different from the traditional "head gasket"? I
haven't taken apart an engine since high school and back then we spoke of the
head gasket (separating the engine block from the head which contains the
valves, intake/exhaust manifold, etc.).  I want to be sure I understand the
gasket you guys are talking about failing.
Thanks, Carter
>From: "Derek Cheuk"
>To: miikka.salonen at kolumbus.fi, biturbos4 at audifans.com
>Subject: Re: [BiturboS4] Rattle from pipes or turbo...
>Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:58:25 +0000
>Can I ask how much it cost you to get your valve cover gasket leak
>fixed and
>what were the symptoms you observed that let you know it needed to
>be fixed?
> I know it's a common problem with our engines and I'm out of
>warranty now.
>2001 S4 Black 6 Speed(Feb 01 build date)
>1997 911 C2 Cabriolet

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. [1] Get 2 months FREE*.

  1. http://g.msn.com/8HMFENUS/2749??PS=

More information about the Biturbos4 mailing list