[BiturboS4] TBB questions

California Fields cfields72 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:30:36 EDT 2003

When my TBB failed, I went to the local Audi shop and bought a new one for
about $14. Took me about 15 minutes to swap out the bad one. Easy job.

Don't bother with the APR bipipe - waste of money in my opinion. Plus, it's
metal and so it gets hot and heats up the air charge...not to mention that
I've seen at least one person with a pinhole leak in the metal of the

<DIV>Carter Fields, San Francisco</DIV>
<DIV>2001.5, GIAC-X, Miltek 3" cat-back, Strat. shifter, Strat. DVs,
A-pillar boost gauge</DIV>

>From: Adam Schwartz <adam.schwartz at rcn.com>
>To: biturbos4 at audifans.com
>Subject: [BiturboS4] TBB questions
>Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 00:44:37 -0400
>Hello all been a while since I have made a post!
>So my 2000 S4 just blew a throttle body boot. I understand this is very
>common, especially for chipped cars... which mine is.
>My question to you...
>How much did it cost to have your TBB replaced at the dealer?
>For those of you who have gone with after market parts.. which one did
>you choose, and how is it? Do you noticed better performance than stock?
>I am looking at the APR biPipe, but I wonder if its worth the cost.
>My car has made it to 65k - has been chipped for 20k miles.

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage.